Skip to content
Commissioning and procurement   |  Jobs   |  Volunteering   |  Licensing   |  Business rates   |  Support for business

Get advice for residents and businesses following the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, including guidance on making your business COVID-secure.

System maintenance

Due to essential maintenance, our online system for things like Council Tax Support claims and reporting a change of circumstances will be unavailable between 10am and 2pm on Saturday 8 August. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Contact Customer Services

Pavement Licence

You’ll need a pavement licence if you:

A pavement licence can last up until the 30 September, 2021.

You can surrender your licence at any time.

You'll need to follow the conditions of a pavement licence (PDF 96kb). For more information, you can download the guidance notes (PDF 88kb).


If you already have a premises licence that allows you to sell alcohol, your customers can drink alcohol in the seating area that will be covered by your pavement licence.

You can only sell alcohol between the hours that are show on your premises licence.

Placing your tables and chairs

If your application is successful, you can put removeable furniture over certain highways adjacent to your premises as long as you:

Under certain circumstances, you may be asked to move or remove your furniture, including if we think it's a health and safety risk or it's causing an obstruction. You must move or remove your furniture if you're told to by one of our officers, Kent County Council or the police.


You’ll need to pay £100 for a pavement licence.

To apply for a pavement licence, you'll need to:

  1. download and complete a public notice (PDF 163kb) and an application form (PDF 509kb)
  2. take a photo of the notice, clearly displayed in the window of your premises, where passers-by can see it
  3. make a payment

Email your completed your application form to our Licensing team at You'll need to include:         

To complete your application, pay your fee online. You’ll need a debit or credit card.

What happens next

Once we’ve received your application and payment, we'll hold a public consultation before we make a decision. We'll contact you within 14 days of receiving your application.

We won’t accept another application for the same premises within seven days following the end of the consultation.

A to Z of Services :
A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z