Skip to content
Commissioning and procurement   |  Jobs   |  Volunteering   |  Licensing   |  Business rates   |  Support for business

Get advice for residents and businesses following the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, including guidance on making your business COVID-secure.

System maintenance

Due to essential maintenance, our online system for things like Council Tax Support claims and reporting a change of circumstances will be unavailable between 10am and 2pm on Saturday 8 August. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Contact Customer Services


  • Changes to animal licensing
  • Information on the licences that we issue

    The Licensing Department are responsible for issuing licenses relating to Alcohol and Entertainment, Gambling, Sex Establishments, Street Collections and House to House Collections.

    The Service Unit surveys premises and following close liaison with the Police, Fire Brigade and the Council's Community and Environmental Services Directorate, enforces the Council's Licensing and Gambling Policies, copies of which are available free of charge on request. The Policies cover general safety and management, including hours of opening, fire hazards, and provision for disabled people.

    Street Trading Consent

    Read more information about Swale Borough Council's Street Trading Consent including when to apply and how to appeal against an application decision.

    Taxi fares

    Read more information about the fares you'll be charged for travelling in a licensed Taxi in Swale.

    EUGO initiative

    Find out about all the licences which come under the EUGO Initiative.

    Licences and fees

    About Alcohol including the Alcohol Wholesaler Registration Scheme (AWRS), Gambling, Street Trading and Sex Establishment licences and a list of related forms and fees.

    Street collections

    Permits are only required if you plan to carry out a street collection in a public area.

    House to house collections

    House to House collections are regulated by Swale and you must apply for a permit to make a collection in this area.

    Taxi licensing and fees

    Information on taxi licensing, how to apply and fairs for passengers and taxi drivers.

    Small lottery registrations

    Information about registering and paying for a gambling or small lottery licence.

    Making a representation

    Guide to making a representation for a licence application.

    Pavement Licence

    Apply for a licence to put removable furniture on the street outside your shop for your customers.
    A to Z of Services :
    A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z