Skip to content
Do It Online   |  My Services   |  Planning   |  Council tax   |  Bins and recycling   |  Parking and roads   |  Housing

Get advice for residents and businesses following the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, including guidance on making your business COVID-secure.

System maintenance

Due to essential maintenance, our online system for things like Council Tax Support claims and reporting a change of circumstances will be unavailable between 10am and 2pm on Saturday 8 August. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Information for Landlords

The pages include information about gas and electrical safety checks and legislation about tenants deposit protection. It also covers the standards for let properties to improve housing quality for rented homes in the Swale area.

You can also learn about:

The following links may also be of interest.

Letting agent and Property Manager Redress Scheme

Legislation has been introduced which means that from 1 October 2014 it is a legal requirement for all lettings agents and property managers in England to join one of three Government-approved redress schemes.

The 3 approved schemes are:

Failure to do so will result in the imposition of a penalty. Swale has set the penalty at £2500 for a first offence and £5000 for a second or subsequent offence.

Any landlord or tenant can use the scheme to intervene to resolve any grievance. The decision made by the redress scheme is binding on all parties.

Further guidance can be found on GOV.UK.

If you would like to discuss any of the information or have a question please contact te relevant person or team using the details provided on each of the pages.

Smoke and carbon monoxide alarms

Information for landlords about smoke and carbon monoxide alarms and Statement of Principles.

Housing Health and Safety Rating System

The HHSRS is a risk assessment procedure for residential properties.

Deposit Protection Legislation

The Legislation is effective from 6 April 2007. Do you know what it is about?

Electrical and Gas Safety

Information about gas and electric safety in privately rented homes.

Licence - Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO)

Information on the licensing of HMO's and how to apply for a license.

Kent Landlord Accreditation Scheme

Landlords who join the scheme and abide by the standards will be recognised across Kent as good landlords.
A to Z of Services :
A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z