Skip to content
Do It Online   |  My Services   |  Planning   |  Council tax   |  Bins and recycling   |  Parking and roads   |  Housing

Get advice for residents and businesses following the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, including guidance on making your business COVID-secure.

System maintenance

Due to essential maintenance, our online system for things like Council Tax Support claims and reporting a change of circumstances will be unavailable between 10am and 2pm on Saturday 8 August. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Contact the Benefits Team

Making a claim for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support

Do it online

Swale is now a Universal Credit Full Service area and help towards your rent is normally included with Universal Credit payments. 

Universal Credit does not provide help with your Council Tax. 

You can only apply for Housing Benefit from Swale Borough Council if you meet one of the following conditions:

If you do not meet one or more of these conditions, you need to make a claim for Universal Credit.

If you do meet one of the above conditions, you can make a claim for Housing Benefit, Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support or Council Tax Support only from Swale Borough Council.

You can apply for Council Tax Support from Swale Borough Council for help towards your Council Tax bill.

A to Z of Services :
A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z